Home > About Us: Our Client-based Philosophy
About Us: Our Client-based Philosophy
Heritage Tours was initially founded in response to the low-quality, mass-market mentality of tourism in Morocco. We set out to create a new approach to travel: one that is specifically catered to the interests and priorities of each and every client— an approach that provides you with a personal guide/driver and allows you to get the most out of your limited time. We offer an approach to travel that will allow you to forget about all the little inconveniences and allow you the chance to experience the extraordinary.
We are extremely proud of the reputation we have earned for travel to Morocco and have since developed programs of quality, custom-designed private tours to Turkey, Spain and most recently South Africa.
We believe that mass-market tourism serves neither the client nor the host country. Travel—at its best —rewards the traveler with rich and diverse experiences
- expanding horizons.
- face to face encounters with real people.
- creating wonderful memories to share with family and friends back home.
We are specialty travel professionals. We do what we do because we love the countries we serve and we love giving our clients the gift of experiences that will stay with them throughout their lives.
We believe that the greatest joys of travel are often the spontaneous ones
- the bright faces of children you might meet in a Berber village.
- stumbling across a weekly souk (market) in a small Moroccan village.
- finding 11th century frescoes in an unmarked cave church in Cappadoccia.
- Spotting a lioness in the Bush playing with her cubs.
We believe that the spontaneity allowed by private travel maximizes your experience.
- You start and stop when you choose; you move at your own pace without being rushed or slowed down by others.
- You have the time to take a rest or to linger over a cup of Turkish coffee.
- You stop when you feel like it—to take a photo, to picnic in a scenic area, or to take a short stroll to a crenulated earthen kasbah in a Saharan oasis.
Our guides are there to help ease the way for you and minimize the inconveniences of traveling in a foreign land.
We offer four-star and five-star hotels in all our destinations—from good-value properties to some of the finest "grand hotels" of the world.
We are equally proud of the smaller, more intimate beds-and-breakfasts and small inns that we have found. Many are historic monuments that have been respectfully and tastefully converted. Not only do they offer you an experience not found in larger "Holiday Inn" types of hotels, but they also give new life to historic monuments that would otherwise be abandoned and ultimately destroyed.
These establishments—from small inns to game lodges to grand "old-world" hotels—embody the charm and culture of the country in which you are traveling and offer you a chance to get to know the proprietors and their daily lives.
At Heritage Tours, we strive to offer a unique product. Yes, it can be more expensive than those mass-market tours with 55 people in one bus speaking different languages and sleeping in hotels far from town. We do not believe, however, that private travel need be prohibitively expensive. In fact, many clients report that our prices are comparable to some of the group tours they have seen.
What we endeavor to provide you is a look at the heart and soul of a country—its romance and its spirit—and memories that will last the rest of your life.